With more than 7 decades of experience Albina Pipe Bending is known for creating quality bent and fabricated products that make the most of the latest technologies in the field. Our reputation continually proves our ability to offer products and services that stand out from the competition. We are currently seeking a Production Manager to lead us into the next stage of growth.
Scope of Responsibility: (Summary of Job Duties)
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of all production workers. Assist COO with developing, updating and implementing efficient and safe operating procedures for all production activities. Ensures procedures for production, shipping, receiving, housekeeping and storing of materials are being followed. Supervise a crew of workers and various job functions. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be experienced working with computers. Have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others. Must have the ability to effectively supervise others.Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Management, Operations, Business Administration, engineering or other related field; three to five years Production Management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Metal Shop or Fabrication experience helpful but not required.Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a production setting. During cold weather temperature can drop to freezing. May require sitting or standing for long periods of time, ability to walk on uneven surfaces & up stairs, use of hands for grasping, gripping, writing and typing.Location:
3-5 Years Production ManagementEducation Level:
4-yr. college degree or 3 additional years of applicable experienceBasic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize Production Efficiency
- Perform Supervisory responsiblities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to show workers and review work for accuracey, neatness, timeliness and conformance to policy and proceedures.
- Work with COO to develop, implement and maintain some shop performance measures, backlog and scheduling problems, as well as OT are daily issues.
- Manage all workflow throughout the shop and ensure that all jobs are progressing as efficiently as possible. Identify problems before they occur and implement solution to avoid wasted time and money.
- Manage all shop floor paperwork.
- Communicate with QA Manager to report quality problems, status updates, task completion, etc.
- Lock/Unlock the Shop and Arm/Disarm Alarm as Required
- Responsible for overall Organization, Cleanliness and work cell structure in the shop.