As we near Inauguration Day, lets take a look at Trump’s Infrastructure plan and how it will affect the steel and manufacturing industries in particular. A few of Trump’s infrastructure plans as obtained from (https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/an-americas-infrastructure-first-plan)
- Create thousands of new jobs in construction, steel manufacturing, and other sectors to build the transportation, water, telecommunications and energy infrastructure.
- Put American steel made by American workers into the backbone of America’s infrastructure.
- Implement a plan for a cost-effective system of roads, bridges, tunnels, airports, railroads, ports and waterways, and pipelines.
- Approve private sector energy infrastructure projects—including pipelines and coal export facilities—to better connect American coal and shale energy production with markets and consumers.
- Incorporate new technologies and innovations into our national transportation system such as state-of-the-art pipelines, advancements in maritime commerce, and the next generation of vehicles.
- Make clean water a high priority. Develop a long-term water infrastructure plan with city, state and federal leaders to upgrade aging water systems and wastewater infrastructure.
If Trump is able to follow through with some of his plans and promises, the steel industry could play a key role in rebuilding America’s infrastructure.